- Green Sustainable Practices /
- Green Procedures, Initiatives & Education
Green Procedures, Environmental Initiatives & Education
We continually learn, perform and promote sustainability and waste management reduction initiatives. We're making cooperative efforts towards reducing our environmental impacts through our membership and participation with various programs and organizations.
We believe educating other personnel involved with our site work is also an important step in positively contributing to the overall green effort.
Bay West's Green Culture
- We've established a company "Green Team" that has lead the way in implementing sustainable initiatives for our facility.
- Our household hazardous waste staff sort through enormous volumes of waste for distribution to recyclers, re-users, and disposal facilities.
- We support local industries by using local laboratories, drillers, concrete contractors, earthwork contractors, vacuum trucks, remediation contractors, and other services as needed to reduce transportation costs.
- Laptops consist of 90% of the computers used at Bay West which are EPEAT (Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool) certified through the EPA. All of our used computers and electronics are recycled.
- We recycle reusable packaging materials for site report delivery, submit electronic reports, or use double sided printing/maximized margins/35% recycled content paper, and single report submission when possible.
- We support and encourage our employees to car pool, work from home, and use mass transit. Some of our employees walk or bike to work to support air emissions reduction.
- Bay West is a member of the Beyond Benign Foundation Outreach group, Minnesota Waste Wise and EnergySmart.