- Green Sustainable Practices /
- Green Investigation and Remediation
Green Investigation and Environmental Remediation Services
Bay West has integrated green and sustainable work practices into our corporate culture. Our staff is committed to developing innovative investigation and clean-up solutions that return contaminated property back to use, reduce associated life-cycle costs, and prompt sustainability.
We evaluate all of our proposed methods and strategies through each step in our investigation and environmental remediation projects to be sure they are considering the following key elements of green remediation:
- Reduction of total energy usage and maximized usage of renewable energy
- Reduction of air pollutants and air impacts
- Reduction of water usage and water resource impacts
- Protection of the ecosystem and promotion of best practices related to land management
- Reduction of waste generation and improvement of materials management
Green Environmental Remediation Practices
- To reduce water usage and water impacts, we manage wastewater treatment systems for reuse of previously non-viable ground and surface water.
- To help promote best practices land management and help protect ecosystems, we utilize native seed mixes to help sustain the native plant populations when possible.
- To reduce total energy usage, we reuse non-aqueous phase liquid (NAPL) for use in a fuel-blending process.
- To reduce waste generation, we utilize Green Deconstruction techniques for structures which divert waste from landfills and provides beneficial reuse of materials.
- Typically 60-95% of a deconstructed structures can be reused.