Emergency Response Technicians (On-Call)
For over 46 years, Bay West LLC (Bay West) has been a recognized by our clients nationwide for delivering impactful environmental solutions with industry-leading safety. It starts with the high-quality talent of our people. Bay West strives to be a "Best Place to Work" and "Best Value Solution Provider" with our unique mix of expertise & strong tenured employees in the following services: Environmental Consulting, Engineering, Emergency Response, and Waste Management for a mixed client portfolio of Federal, State, Municipal, & Industrial/Commercial clients.
The primary purpose is to provide labor support and services for emergency spill response activities involving hazardous and non-hazardous materials which includes:
• Primarily provide labor support and services for emergency spill response activities involving hazardous and non-hazardous materials. This position would be on-call as needed and schedules allow.
• Respond to and conduct appropriate hands-on spill response cleanup activities for incidents involving hazardous and non-hazardous material releases to air, soil, surface and groundwater so that they are performed in an efficient, safe and professional manner.
• Conduct sampling and monitoring of hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes so that collected data is reliable and trustworthy.
• Properly maintain and train with Emergency Response (ER) and Oil Spill Removal Organization (OSRO) equipment so that equipment is properly used and in working condition.
• Work environment can include: high heat; high humidity; extreme cold; roadway traffic hazards; on water (boat operations) and confined spaces.
• Frequently lifts up to 50 lbs. over an 8-hour period, and engages in strenuous daily activities of a repetitive nature.
• Semi-frequent work donning a respirator; infrequent work requiring supplied air, self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), and fully encapsulated protective suits.
• Ability to work in non-hazardous and hazardous work environments including contaminated air soil, dust, fumes, smoke and other toxins.
• Be able to operate the following specialty pieces of equipment with basic efficiency: bobcat skid steer; primary spill response boom deployment watercraft; forklift; vacuum truck.
• Basic knowledge of small engines, pumps, and blowers.
COVID-19 proof of vaccination or weekly testing protocols are mandated by our work with the State of Minnesota and other clients; additionally there is a pending Federal vaccination mandate effective 12/8/21. Please be advised that Vaccination Attestation and proof of vaccination for all employees, including this role, is likely due to our clients compliance requirements.
Previous spill response experience is helpful and, current or former fire fighters are encouraged to apply.
Bay West is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Bay West is an EEO/AA Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employer.