For over 46 years, Bay West LLC (Bay West) has been a recognized by our clients nationwide for delivering impactful environmental solutions with industry-leading safety. It starts with the high-quality talent of our people. Bay West strives to be a "Best Place to Work" and "Best Value Solution Provider" with our unique mix of expertise & strong tenured employees in the following services: Environmental Consulting, Engineering, Emergency Response, and Waste Management for a mixed client portfolio of Federal, State, Municipal, & Industrial/Commercial clients.
The primary purpose of this position is to review field information and guide decisions on how to best protect the public and the environment from this contamination. A secondary purpose is to help position Bay West to be able to perform this work on more contaminated sites. Many of Bay West’s clients are responsible for soil and groundwater contamination.
Due to the nationwide growth of Bay West, we are seeking a mid-level Environmental Geologist/Engineer with hands-on experience supporting Federal Project Managers who enjoys a variety of responsibilities that include working in the field as well as in the office. This role is considered a career-track position to become a Federal Project Manager or Technical Project Leader.
As a Staff Professional you will be responsible for supporting project planning, execution, and reporting as well as supporting client proposal development. The position will primarily include office based tasks but will also include intermittent travel to project sites. You will be responsible for learning from and supporting project management staff on multiple concurrent long-term projects and proposal efforts. A significant percentage of your time will be spent authoring and reviewing technical documents and planning field efforts in the CERCLA and RCRA environmental programs. You will assist Project Managers with the coordination of field activities and support various projects for Federal clients like the US Army Corps of Engineers, US Army, US Air Force, USEPA and US Navy.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or a related technical field.
- Ability to obtain professional licensure or PMP within 3 years
- At least 5 years of environmental consulting experience
- Understanding of the RCRA and CERCLA processes.
- Willingness and ability to accurately interpret and apply knowledge of environmental theories, processes, and state and federal reporting requirements.
- Must foster friendly, positive, productive, and team relationships.
- Must be willing and able to travel between 10% – 20% of the time.
- The successful candidate must be capable of receiving a US Government security clearance.
- US Citizenship Required
- COVID-19 Federal mandate will be effective 12/8/2021; Vaccination Attestation and proof of vaccination will be required for all employees who work on or support any Federal client work, including this role.
- Experience on federal environmental restoration projects under the DoD (including USACE, USAEC, AFCEC & NAVFAC and/or US-EPA).
- Experience working with MS Project or Primavera scheduling programs
- Experience performing multimedia field sampling experience including soil/sediment/surface water/groundwater/air.
- Experience identifying subcontractors and writing technical subcontractor scopes of work for proposal development.
Bay West is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Bay West is an EEO/AA Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employer.