Environmental Technician I (1203)
If you care about the environment and want to do work that improves our planet, consider joining our team as a Environmental Technician I. For almost 50 years, Bay West LLC (Bay West) has been a recognized leader delivering Environmental Solutions nation-wide and we’re proud of our stellar safety programs and records. We’re a unique mix of expertise & strong tenured employees in the following services: Environmental Consulting, Engineering, Emergency Response, and Waste Management for a mixed portfolio of Federal, State, Municipal, & Industrial/Commercial clients.
The primary purpose of this Environmental Technician I is to assist primarily with the Household Hazardous Waste and BioWatch programs along with additional support for Emergency Response and other various activities out of our St. Paul location. You will work alongside some of the industry’s best and brightest with one common goal: quality results in a quality work environment. Our people accomplish this all while providing environmental solutions to a wide variety of clients. This role has a minimum starting wage of $20 per hour.
Bay West offers its valued employees:
- Employer subsidized medical, health savings account and dental plan
- Employer paid vacation time, sick time, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Additional benefit options including 401(k) plan, vision coverage, supplemental life insurance, critical illness and accident coverage, dependent care and healthcare flexible spending accounts
- Support and encouragement to obtain additional credentials and certifications
- Culture that empowers all employees to stop a job – we walk the safety talk!
- Competitive wages and individual consideration as your expertise and responsibilities expand
- Business casual environment with great co-workers
- Accept, document, sort, package and arrange for the disposal of household hazardous waste products
- Customer service – greet and interact with customers, determine their needs and answer questions.
- Installs and collects environmental air sampling filters from air monitoring stations throughout the Twin Cities and delivers them to a laboratory. Collections occur 365 days of the year, which include holidays and weekends.
- Rebuild small pump motors, service sampling equipment, operate/troubleshoot routinely used tools and equipment, rebuild small pump motors, and conduct calibration and air flow checks as required.
- Drive a company vehicle and work independently for up to 6 hours per day.
- Communicate effectively with internal & external customers/clients, in a courteous and professional manner.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to work a Tuesday through Saturday work schedule.
- Assists with Emergency Response (ER) activities including determining ER equipment needs, loading ER equipment, and performing clean-up activities
- Assists with industrial services projects as needed
- Associates degree, or combination of a high school diploma and 6 months of experience is required
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, Geology, Geophysics, Geobiology, Hydrogeology, Geochemistry, or Engineering is preferred
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record required
- Possess or ability to obtain a CDL with HAZMAT endorsement
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certification (will be provided to the right candidate if necessary)
- Ability to operate a forklift or willingness to learn
- Ability to work outside in any condition which can include high heat, high humidity and extreme cold
- Position requires frequent standing, walking, lifting & carrying up to 50 pounds, bending, & grasping and other physically demanding activities
- Subject to a pre-employment physical and drug test and placed in random drug testing pool upon hire.
This job reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Bay West is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Bay West is an EEO/AA Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employer.