Industrial Environmental Technician/Laborer
For over 46 years, Bay West LLC (Bay West) has been a recognized by our clients nationwide for delivering impactful environmental solutions with industry-leading safety. It starts with the high-quality talent of our people. Bay West strives to be a "Best Place to Work" and "Best Value Solution Provider" with our unique mix of expertise & strong tenured employees in the following services: Environmental Consulting, Engineering, Emergency Response, and Waste Management for a mixed client portfolio of Federal, State, Municipal, & Industrial/Commercial clients.
The primary purpose of this position is to protect the public and the environment by safely collecting and transporting these wastes to an appropriate end facility. Many of Bay West’s clients generate a variety of hazardous wastes
Due to the growth of Bay West we are searching for an Andersen Corporation (Andersen Windows) Industrial Environmental Technician/Laborer who will work part-time on-site at Andersen Windows managing hazardous and non-hazardous waste. The remainder of your time will be assisting at various client facilities performing a range of tasks required for environmental cleanup and industrial service operations consisting of but not limited to tank cleaning, waste bulking, clean room activities, pressure washing contaminated surfaces, hazmat cleaning, and/or demolition service in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
Ideal candidate must be able to perform the following responsibilities:
- Properly document, sort, pack and arrange for disposal of Andersen Windows (AW) hazardous and non-hazardous waste products in an efficient and appropriate manner.
- Conduct daily AW cleanup tasks involving solid and liquid hazardous and non-hazardous material in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Perform weekly hazardous waste inspections on-site and providing a brief report to the client.
- Properly collect, prepare, document, and relinquish samples of AW hazardous and non-hazardous materials for testing in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Accurately maintain and furnish all relevant AW records, reports, and inspection documents to appropriate AW officials in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external AW customers, both orally and in writing, in a courteous and professional manner of observed or perceived health, safety or other AW work conditions.
- Communicate directly with AW Team Leader on ways to improve AW services, operations and functions.
- Comply with all AW and Bay West safety, employee, and HR policies, procedures and practices.
- Develop summaries, generate photographic logs, and input field work documentation.
- Actively participate on the Emergency Response (ER) team – one week of being on-call 24/7 every six weeks.
- Assist in Emergency Response (ER) activities by performing clean-up activities as directed by the ER site supervisor.
Pass a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and physical exam.
- Must be comfortable and able to work while wearing Level A, B, and C Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), which includes a full-face respirator and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) along with Tyvek and Saranex suits.
- Routinely lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Previous general labor working experience.
- Able to work at elevated heights, in permit required confined spaces and various hazardous industrial environments.
- Valid driver's license.
- Position does occasionally require working evenings, weekends and out of town when necessary.
COVID-19 proof of vaccination or weekly testing protocols are mandated by our work with the State of Minnesota and other clients; additionally there is a pending Federal vaccination mandate effective 12/8/21. Please be advised that Vaccination Attestation and proof of vaccination for all employees, including this role, is likely due to our clients compliance requirements.
40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Certification and/or up to date on 8-hour refresher preferred, not required. If you do not currently have the OSHA HAZWOPER Certification Bay West will cover the cost for the chosen candidate.
- Preferred Class B CDL with Hazardous Material Endorsement or the ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Previous experience and chemical safety knowledge of cleaning chemicals, detergents, flammable solvents, acids and bases as well as other hazardous substances and wastes.
- Previous experience operating equipment such as fork truck or skid-steer.
Bay West is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Bay West is an EEO/AA Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employer.