We are experts in sorting, receiving household hazardous waste through our work with Ramsey County’s HHW program. We practice green initiatives when managing the enormous volumes of waste we receive by distributing it to recyclers, re-users and disposal facilities.
Products We Accept:
- Automotive products
- Home improvement (paint, wood stains, etc.)
- Cleaning products
- Lawn & garden chemicals
- Oil & oil filters
- Recreational products (batteries, pool chemicals, etc.)
- Items containing mercury
Bay West does not accept appliances, televisions, or computers.
Things to know before a drop-off
- Bring proof of residency, such as a driver's license.
- Open to residents of Ramsey, Washington, Hennepin, Anoka, Dakota and Carver Counties.
- Remain in your vehicle while a technician unloads your hazardous waste.
- You may be asked to answer a short survey, your answers will help improve the household hazardous waste program.
Annual HHW waste collection totals (in pounds except where noted) are approximately:
- Latex Paint - 400,000
- Oil Paint - 200,000
- Bulk Flammables - 120,000
- Fluorescent Bulbs - 80,000 (total bulbs)
- Lead Acid Batteries - 50,000
- Motor Oil - 150,000
- Aerosols - 45,000
- Pesticides - 50,000
As mentioned above, these wastes are collected at our facility and then distributed out to recyclers, re-users and disposal facilities.
Bay West's HHW program is open year round.
December - March
Friday 9am - 4pm
Saturday 9am - 4pm
April - November
Tuesday-Friday 11am – 6pm
Saturday 9am – 4pm